The X10 Water Filter will eliminate many water quality problems in a hot tub.
The tap water, well water, and lake water used to fill a hot tub is probably not as pure as you think. Impurities such as copper, calcium, sodium, iron, mercury, and other heavy metals can be harmful to bathers, can harm your spa parts and make it harder to balance your hot tub water. These deposits can seriously harm your heater element, jets, pump and spa shell. These deposits will also make it difficult to balance your spa water and can impair water quality.
The X10 Water Filter is a spa pre-filter (hose filter for the hot tub) which can reduce and eliminate rust, organic debris, turbidity, bad taste, chlorine, sulphur, odours, aluminum, iron, mercury, and other heavy metals.
Hot tub chemicals such as clarifiers, coagulants, flocculants and stain and scale chemicals will reduce these impurities, but will not eliminate them. A spa pre-filter such as The X10 Filter will drastically reduce (or eliminate) the need for these chemicals, making your spa experience healthier and more enjoyable.
We highly recommend the X10 Water Filter for those wanting to reduce the amount of chemicals used in hot tub water maintenance.
It is especially beneficial to use filtered water if you are using a bromine or chlorine salt water generator. Bromine and chlorine generators will not work properly if your spa water contains too many impurities.
Instructions: Attach the spa pre-filter to your garden hose and run the water through the filter for 30 seconds before filling your spa. Replace when the spa pre-filter is full and flow becomes restricted. The X10 Water Filter is guaranteed to filter a minimum of 10,000 US gallons (37,854 liters) of water.
Why the X10 is Better than the Competition
- Highest grade acid washed coconut shell carbon is utilized. Many competing filters use a less expensive bituminous (coal based) carbon.
- The 12 inch long filter body contains up to twice as much bacteriostatic filter media (KDF®) as some other brands for longevity and maximum efficiency and performance.
- The X10 hose filter for the hot tub is uniquely constructed using 7 filter media.
- 5 micron pre and post integrated sediment pads to minimize sediment and turbidity. Some brands use as high as 150 micron pads. (The lower the micron, the finer particle size it will stop)
- The X10 Filter is made from a very durable UV resistant polypropylene making for a rugged filter (Less apt to be damaged by dropping or by other factors), in addition to excellent UV protection.
- Extremely durable and rugged molded-in garden hose ends which maximize snug, leak free connections unlike flimsy nylon ends found in some other brands that cross thread and leak. Also, other inexpensive brands use what appear as durable brass connectors which actually can contain lead that can leach into the water.
- Tightly packed filtration media which all but eliminates the potential of “channeling”. Channeling can occur when loosely packed filter media settles and allows the water passing through the filter to bypass the media altogether.
- Protective end caps included for storage (store wet) when not in use. Unlike “carbon only” filters which actually promote bacteria growth within the filter itself, our spa pre-filter prevents bacteria growth thanks to the KDF® media. Filter media should be kept moist (after initial use) when not used to allow the KDF media to stay active and prevent bacteria build up.