Step #1 – Using Spa Marvel Cleanser to purge the spa
- Prior to changing the water, ensure that all jets, air controls and water features are open, and that any diverter valves are midway. Remove your filter, add 1 full bottle of Spa Marvel Cleanser to your existing spa water (add 3 bottles to a swim spa). Run the jets on high speed for 1 hour, and then leave the Cleanser in the spa on regular cycle for at least another 23 hours.
- Drain the spa.
Step #2 – Using Spa Marvel Water Treatment and Conditioner
- Fill spa and install clean filters as per your spa manufacturer’s directions. If using well water or poor quality source water, use of a pre filter such as the X10 Water Filter is strongly recommended.
- Heat water to desired temperature.
- Add 1 full bottle of Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner for ALL tubs up to 500 gallons (2,000 litres). In a swim spa add 1 bottle per month. In a swimming pool use Pool Marvel.
- Ensure that the spa is programmed to filter a minimum of 6 hours a day. Spas with low-volume circulation/hush pumps should be programmed to filter a minimum of 18 hours a day (24 hours a day is preferred).
- Add sanitizer as per your professional spa retailer’s guidelines.
- Balance alkalinity to between 80-120 ppm if necessary (unless otherwise directed by your professional spa retailer).
- Balance pH to between 7.2 and 8.2. This is a range broader than one would use with traditional spa water products, but when using Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner this range is acceptable and will not be of detriment to you or your spa.
Maintaining Your Hot Tub
Maintain sanitizer levels as per your professional spa retailer’s guidelines.
- Ensure that alkalinity and pH are within acceptable ranges. Adjust if necessary.
- Rinse debris from filters.
- Clean filters using Spa Marvel Filter Cleaner. Properly cleaned filters are vital to the success of maintaining your spa water. After soaking the filters in the Filter Cleaner solution, it is critical that the debris is thoroughly removed from the pleats of the filter by using a strong stream of fresh. Follow this link for more detailed instructions on how to properly clean filters.
- Reinstall the clean filter as per your professional spa retailer’s instructions.
- Replace your filter as per your professional spa retailer’s direction
Quarterly (Adding Spa Marvel)
- Add 1 full bottle of Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner quarterly.
- If used in a swim-spa, add 1 bottle each month.