Step #1 – Using Spa Marvel Cleanser to purge the spa
- Prior to changing the water, ensure that all jets, air controls and water features are open, and that any diverter valves are midway. Remove your filter, add 1 full bottle of Spa Marvel Cleanser to your existing spa water (add 3 bottles to a swim spa). Run the jets on high speed for 1 hour, and then leave the Cleanser in the spa on regular cycle for at least another 23 hours.
- Drain the spa.
Step #2 – Using Spa Marvel Water Treatment and Conditioner
- Fill spa and install clean filters as per your spa manufacturer’s directions. If using well water or poor quality source water, use of a pre filter such as the X10 Water Filter is strongly recommended.
- Heat water to desired temperature.
- Add 1 full bottle of Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner for ALL tubs up to 500 gallons (2,000 litres). In a swim spa add 1 bottle per month. In a swimming pool use Pool Marvel.
- Ensure that the spa is programmed to filter a minimum of 6 hours a day. Spas with low-volume circulation/hush pumps should be programmed to filter a minimum of 18 hours a day (24 hours a day is preferred).
- Add sanitizer as per your professional spa retailer’s guidelines.
- Balance alkalinity to between 80-120 ppm if necessary (unless otherwise directed by your professional spa retailer).
- Balance pH to between 7.2 and 8.2. This is a range broader than one would use with traditional spa water products, but when using Spa Marvel Water Treatment & Conditioner this range is acceptable and will not be of detriment to you or your spa.